Monday, December 3, 2012

Postsecret

This entry is basically going to be a shout out to another blog. I'm sure most of you have heard of this website before but I absolutely love Postsecret.com. Emily introduced it to me a few years ago and I have been reading it ever since.

People mail in their secrets from all over the world and every sunday the publisher picks a few to put on the website. He also has books and speaking tours. If you go to a bookstore and open a postsecret book, sometimes there will even be some secrets in there. Usually they look like this. I pinned this one to my pinterest account because I loved it.
The secrets range from heartbreaking to happy. They are raw, real, and utterly human. It connects people on a deeper level. People are able to see that some people share their secrets that they aren't alone in their battles. Some people even send in encouraging responses to secrets that get posted. I think it helps remind us that everyone has their demons but everyone has their empathy, kindness, and goodness within them too. Plus, they are an advocate for International Suicide Prevention. I highly recommend checking it out sometime if you haven't. Warning: it can be raunchy at times. I guess that's part of the human-ness of it?

And of course, favorite quote of the week so far:

No comments:

Post a Comment