Thursday, December 27, 2012

Peaceful


I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas! Mine was good, much easier than last year. Holidays are always difficult for my family and especially christmastime since Tyler loved it so much. Fortunately for me, I am surrounded by wonderful friends and family. It's hard to be sad when surrounded by so much love.

But now Christmas is over and my family and I took the fifth wheel down to Galveston for some R&R. I'm currently blogging on an IPad, listening to the ocean, and drinking some wine.

Emily and I always talk about things that are good for our souls. This my friends, is good for my soul. How do I know something is good for my soul?

For me, something is good for my soul when I find myself taking deep breaths that fill my lungs entirely. And without thinking about it. When I close my eyes and feel at complete peace. When I don't have to quiet my mind because it's already quiet. When taking a stroll down the beach fills me with joy.

The beach,any beach, is good for my soul. It's my happy place. I needed this after the whirlwind of graduation, the  panic of getting all my client hours, and the nerves of Christmas.

I hope everyone knows things that are good for their souls. Everyone is different. For Emily, being in a bookstore browsing books and drinking coffee is hers. Find something that fills your lungs completely and you find joy stirring in your belly. It's the best.

1 comment:

  1. Love you and love walking on the beach with my girls and the monster man!

    ReplyDelete