Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Dancing Queen

It's been a while. Lately I have been lacking the creative juices plus my immune system does not seem to like me. Que sera, sera.

I really like to Zumba. It's dancing, it's a workout , and I don't have to be walking or running on a treadmill feeling like the monotony is going to be the death of me. Zumba at my gym is offered a few days a week but I can only go to the Tuesday morning class since I don't work Tuesdays.

Let me just paint a picture of the Tuesday morning class for you. The average age in there is probably mid 40s. I'm the youngest in there by a good ten years. You have one lady in her mid 60s walk up to the instructor mid song and just start grinding on her. Then you have another lady who at random times yells out "WOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" and then theres a 90 year old who is workin it. And when I say working it, I mean it.  Needless to say, this class is pretty entertaining. You can just tell that they are having a blast dancing like nobody is watching.

Maybe it's the endorphins but these ladies seem like they are loving every single minute of life. They are having fun and letting loose. It's such a nice reminder for me midweek that it's good to let your hair down sometimes. Life is way too short to be serious all of the time and sometimes I need to remember that. One of Tyler's favorite quotes was:

"you shouldnt take life too seriously you can never get out alive"-van wilder


No comments:

Post a Comment