Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Rejuvenate.


Here I am sitting on my one day this week with absolutely nothing to do (minus going to the dentist yuck) thinking about what I should accomplish today. What should I do to make it a productive day, thinking about the list I could make or the tasks that need to be completed eventually. 


The thing is though, I don't need to do anything today to count it as a productive day or a good day. That is so hard for me to remember. Especially when we live in this fast paced society where everyone is moving onward and upward so if you spend a day where you slow your pace down you feel way behind.

I know for me personally, things are about to get exceptionally busy when I start internship. And I feel like I have ants in my pants. As Charlotte referred to it last night, we're currently in the calm before the storm. In these next couple of weeks, I won't be very busy. I know they will be filled with nervousness and anticipation and me feeling like I should be doing something then reminding myself to enjoy it. I'm going to attempt to fill my days off with things I enjoy and doing it at my own pace. I need to rejuvenate myself and be at my best before I start a new chapter. Easier said than done.

I know it's hard to put the list down and ease up the pressure on yourself to constantly be productive but those free days are a gift and can be rare. Take advantage of them. Read a book for fun. Listen to music. Go for a walk by yourself without your phone and see where your mind wanders to. Take a bubble bath. Journal. Go meet and friend and have a long conversation. Most importantly do something you want to do or do nothing at all. That's O.K. Because the next day your schedule may be filled with mundane tasks you have to accomplish. Whether you have a whole day or just thirty minutes free, do something for yourself. Breathe, sit, relax (I think I may have stolen that from lululemon oops), take care of yourself. When we get so busy and bogged down with tasks we usually forget to take care of some of the most important people, ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment