Monday, April 22, 2013

You've got a friend in me.

So I'm not going to lie, my moods have been completely all over the place lately. On the one hand, I feel growth, I feel happy, I like the things I'm doing. On the other, I feel like I'm wandering. Trying really hard just to trust but wanting desperately to grasp that control back. But I can't and furthermore, I know it's best if I don't. I feel bad for my parents, they get the much longer story and complaints but I'm going to spare y'all. (Sorry parents)

In the midst of the roller coaster of emotions, one thing has become increasingly apparent. My support system is incredible. And I'm incredibly thankful for it. Over the past couple of months, I've gained new friends, reconnected with old ones, I've gotten to spend time with family members, strengthened existing friendships. Man, it has been great. Lifelong friends, high school friends, college friends, post grad friends, family, etc. It has been a blessing.

So here's a big thank you to each and every one of you. Very thankful for your support, encouragement, prayers, smiles, and most of all your effort. Now it's my turn to pay it forward. Friendship is a very powerful tool. Never underestimate what a note/smile/phone call/email/lunch/coffee/hang out may do. It could turn a person's day around, it could help them take a deep breath, it could offer them a new perspective. Most of all, it lets a person know that they aren't on this journey alone. There are people out there to just be with them. And that's pretty powerful.








No comments:

Post a Comment