Monday, February 4, 2013

Staying in the Moment

I am hesitant about writing this post because I feel like I blog about it a lot. My whole intention for this blog though was to share struggles, triumphs, funny stories honestly and genuinely. That being said, I'm going to talk about being present minded.

I'm currently struggling with this immensely. I'm constantly catching myself thinking about the future. What it will be like, what I want for it to be like, what do I need to do to get there. On and on. It's ok being future minded to an extent. Everyone needs goals.  But having my mind entirely in the future is only causing anxiety. Creating stressful to-do lists, restless nights, and a fatigued mind and body.

 Worrying about things doesn't make them go away. It just makes me tired and less productive. Staying present is always something that I've struggled with. After I got home from work on Saturday, I took Chrissy and Sully over to the high school by my house. I took them off leash and threw the ball and let them run around. As I was sitting there in the gorgeous weather being entertained by my dogs, all I could think was, "I'm so happy this  is exactly where I am right now."


That's what being present is all about. Not letting the simple joys slip away because I'm worrying about what the next day will bring. Here's to staying in the moment and appreciating today.

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matt 6:34 NIV


No comments:

Post a Comment