Friday, February 22, 2013

Don't forget to have a good time.

Well, inspiration didn't hit for a while. I don't know what it's been about these past few weeks but they have been weird. It may be the February blues, but this month has been a struggle. Hearing from some of friends they agree too.

Struggling with worries. Job worries, future worries, friend worries, test worry. Worry worry worry. I too have been a victim of worry this month. Consumed with to-do lists, one task after another, giving so much of ourselves that at the end of the day we're exhausted. And then we get up and do it all over again.

Bad cycle my friends. And some things on our to-do lists are musts. We must do our job. We must run errands for things we need. Another must though? We must take care of our selves. We must give back to ourselves a little bit so we have a little bit to give back to others. I know I've talked about it before but especially during the February blues, it doesn't hurt to talk about it again. Start giving back to yourself a little bit. You not only deserve it, but you need it.

My mom told me this morning that I've been walking around with my shoulders up around my ears. Oops. So even if it is as simple as rolling the shoulders down and back. Taking deep breaths. Telling yourself positive messages. Petting your dog. Drinking hot tea. Or big things. Taking an hour to do yoga. Getting a massage. Dinner with friends. Taking a trip (Like Emily is currently doing. Jealous!) give back to yourself so that you can conquer that to-do list and not completely wear yourself out in the process!

Hopefully that wasn't too preachy. I'm going to step down off my soap box and work on my to-do list. Maybe my next post will be a little more light hearted.... Have a wonderful, fun weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment