Monday, February 25, 2013

Storytime

Y'all. We've almost made it through February. Things  have been going good for me right now.  I've been attempting to do more things that fill my soul up. Like cooking. I mean,  I made a chicken vegetable soup all by myself without a recipe. I felt like Julia Childs. (I've been told I have to credit Emily for that) I've been taking my pup to the park and seeing/hearing from friends. Oh, and I finally scheduled a time to take my NCE (National Counseling Exam). Praise the Lord. March 15th. NCE, prepare to be conquered.  I'm still stressed, but making my way towards a healthy balance.

I was texting my friend Marianne the other day and I just had to share what she told me. I was telling her what a process all of the post graduation stuff has been. I just had to share what she said.
"Yes! Such a process....and we want a story...and our story is actually the process to our life. So hard to let go control of the unknown." 
Man. I just love that.

We are all living a story. The struggles, triumphs, characters, settings, it is all a part of it. There will always be something happening. At least hopefully. Otherwise, the story may become a little boring. And who knows what will happen on the next page. So make today an exciting one.


Ps-I blogged about this a while back but if you want an awesome book about telling a personal story, read A Million Miles in a Thousand Years by Donald Miller. I think he also has a blog out now called http://storylineblog.com






No comments:

Post a Comment