Friday, January 11, 2013

God Nods

So my family has this term called God Nods. We got the term from a book we read after Tyler passed away called Have Heart. (http://haveheart.net) Excellent book to read anytime but especially when you're grieving. In this book, they came up with this term called God Nods. Here is Have Heart's definition of God Nods:

"A God Nod is affirmation and direction. It's God affirming that you are on His radar and have not been forgotten. It is God directing you to pay attention and look deeper. It is God saying, "check this out." With that being said, be on the lookout for God Nods. They'll be happening when you least expect them. They bring healing. Don't miss them."

My family has experienced different God Nods when it comes to Tyler. My dreams that I posted about a while ago are what I would call a God Nod. Of course, I believe God Nods can happen to anyone regardless of their situation. 

The other day, my dad and I were going through stuff in the office to donate to Mission Arlington. I found my old laptop and I opened it up to make sure all my personal info was off of it and I found this quote taped on it:

"Now is your time. Become, believe, try. Walk closely with people you love and with other people who believe that God is very good and life is a grand adventure. Don't spend time with people who make you feel like less than you are. Don't get stuck in the past and don't try to fast-forward yourself into a future you haven't yet earned. Give today all the love and intensity and courage you can, and keep traveling honestly along life's path."

In the midst of wrapping things up at my internship, job hunting, studying for the NCE, I was only looking to the future. I found this quote right when I needed it most. In the coming months, my life will be filled with all sorts of changes but I need to stay present, trust myself, keep good friends and family close, and let God's plan unfold. I hope you can begin to look for God Nods in your life. They are that glimpse of sunshine you need on a cloudy day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment