Monday, October 1, 2012

Changing Seasons

I have a confession to make:
I'm a little obsessed with gourds and pumpkins. I have to buy them every year. I just love their ugly beauty if that makes sense. They're covered in warts and all different shapes and sizes but I think they are just so beautiful.

Two of my favorite things happened this weekend:
It rained ALL day and got chilly (er)
I got some gourds and pumpkins.



It is officially fall. At the risk of sounding like "that girl" who says she loves the fall and pumpkin spice lattes, hocus pocus, and boot weather (which I am and I do love all of those things),  if you had asked me in the past what my favorite season was, I would have never told you fall. It for some reason just got swept away in the busyness of starting a new school year and all of the activities that went along with it. I think I've had a change of heart lately.

Recently fall has just given me a breath of fresh air. I feel calmer and more at peace. I can sit on my porch swing or take Chrissy for a walk and clear my head. I can go football games or festivals and enjoy spending time with those around me. I can decorate my house with gourds and pumpkins which bring me joy.

Basically, I get to do a lot of things I enjoy that help me stay grounded and bring me peace. It is absolutely what I needed lately. I hope this new season can bring something good for you as well. The start of a new season always signals change so whether you want to make a big change, small change, make new memories, find peace, now may be the perfect time to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment