Friday, September 28, 2012

Happy Birthday Tyler

So today would've been Tyler's 22nd birthday. I can't get over  how old we all seem to be getting. Anyways, after Tyler passed away, my family decided that we would take off each year and be with each other. Today we went up to the cemetery and fixed the flowers (we try to keep live ones there) and then we went on up to Winstar to gamble.

I can't begin to tell you how wonderful it was just to spend the day with my parents. While it may be a sad day, it is also a day where we get to celebrate. Celebrate the amazing life Tyler had on this planet and the remarkable impact he made on so many people around him. We also got to celebrate our family. I am so so blessed to be a part of a family that consistently throughout the years made an effort to spend time with each other and truly enjoy each other.

I think it is something I take for granted a lot of times. I mean I was born into a family where my entire extended family is right here in the DFW metroplex (I'm including Jacksboro in the metroplex so to speak). I feel so lucky to be able to be so close to my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins.
Not only that, I was born into a pretty awesome nuclear family. I have countless precious memories of spending time with them. Laughing, crying, having heart to hearts with every single one of them.

Today was just a reminder. Life is so precious. I'm so thankful to say that I had an amazing bond with my brother. I think we were able to jam amazing memories into 20 shorts years of friendship that a lot of brothers and sisters don't ever do.

If you're able to, hug your loved ones a little closer today. Family is a precious gift that I think a lot of people take for granted.







No comments:

Post a Comment