Sunday, September 16, 2012

Keep on Dreamin

This a post that I've been a little hesitant to write. For me, it is super personal and I wasn't sure if I was ready to share or not but I've finally decided that I do want to share.

For those that know me really well, know that I have really vivid dreams. Usually, they are just bizarre. For example, dreaming I was on a pontoon boat. Can anyone guess what song I was listening to before I went to bed?! Anyways, sometimes I have a dream that really shakes me and I know there is something behind it.

About a month ago, I had two of those significant dreams back to back. Now because it does feel personal for me to share, I'm only going to give a quick summary of the dream. Basically I was at a big family lunch and Tyler was there and I was absolutely shocked he was there but I was so happy. Then all of sudden it was time to go and Tyler just vanished. In my dream I was absolutely devastated and crying and wondering why he had to leave so soon. Then in my dream I heard a voice. It was a deep fatherly voice that said, "Have faith in Me. I have a plan. You will understand one day. Trust in Me." I knew it was God in my dream. Then I woke up.

As you can imagine, I was pretty shaken up but I also knew that this was a significant dream. One that's going to stick with me for the rest of my life. One that made me re-examine my priorities and my journey. One that still has me re-playing parts of it.

If you are a person who has vivid dreams, I encourage you to pay attention to them. Regardless of where you think they come from, they are worth paying attention to. They may help you realize the root cause of what you're stressing about or thinking about. I think dreams are fascinating and I'm so thankful I am able to dream and remember them. Those dreams I had will stick with me forever and be a constant reminder for me.

What are your dreams telling you? As Eli Young Band would say, "Keep on dreaming even if it breaks your heart."


2 comments:

  1. having people that have passed away appear in my dreams is one of my favorite things. it gives me hope for an afterlife and plus i love getting to see them again. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!!! It was a wonderful experience and I definitely agree! :)

    ReplyDelete