Monday, October 22, 2012

Take a breather.

Well I don't know about everyone else, but I've been an absolute stress ball lately. I feel as though I've been going 90 to nothing for the past several weeks. I'm enjoying my internship so much and I've been busy with a lot of fun things but it still has been producing a lot of stress in my life. It's the kind of stress where you can't turn your mind off even when you have a chance to yourself.

As I've gotten older, I have become able to recognize my signs that I'm stressed. I have headaches, I don't sleep well at night, I get irritable, etc. Well this weekend all of those things just started piling up on me.

Luckily on Sunday, I had absolutely nothing on my calendar. So guess what I did? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Minus having a friday night lights marathon in my sweats while cuddling my dogs. It was marvelous. Today I can luckily say that I'm refreshed and ready to conquer my to do list and this week with a newfound energy.

I can get so wrapped up in this busy fast paced world with my focus on conquering to do lists that I need to take time for me. I have the type of personality that I need alone time. I need time to relax and rejuvenate or I will be not fun to be around.

I encourage you to know yourself, know your body, your personality and if it is telling you to relax then relax! Even if you think you don't have time. Make time for yourself. Get extra sleep. Lay on the couch. Once you take some time for yourself, you'll have more time for your to-do list.

Courtesy of SELF magazine

I need to take a lesson from Sully on how to relax. 

Sully helped my dad celebrate his birthday.

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Its so hard to shut down and turn off. We all need a little do nothing time!

    ReplyDelete