Friday, November 2, 2012

She took a deep breath and let it go.

You know what I think is probably the easiest piece of advice to give? "It'll all work out." or "God has a plan." And I truly believe those things. I believe that things work out sometimes not in the way we expect them to, but usually in a completely different but better way. And I whole-heartedly believe that God has a plan for my life. You know what else? I think those two phrases are probably the hardest pieces of advice to accept. To just accept that there is absolutely nothing you can do about it right now. For me, it fuels my anxiety rather than giving me peace until I accept it.

I'll be completely honest. I hit my meltdown point yesterday. I have been stressing for weeks about things that I absolutely can not control. For example, I was stressing about whether or not I would get my hours for graduation. I have absolutely no control on whether or not my client show for their appointments. I mean I could kidnap and drag them there, but then I would be in jail and definitely not graduating. All of this useless anxiety weighed me down so that yesterday I just realized I couldn't keep carrying it anymore. It was too heavy.

I'm hoping next time I'm carrying around a lot of anxiety about things I can't control, that I will become more aware of it before the meltdown. They aren't fun. I hope I can take a piece of my own advice and remember that it'll work out. In the big scheme of things, my worries are trivial compared to others and I'm thankful for that.





No comments:

Post a Comment