Friday, November 23, 2012

Grateful.

It's amazing what a difference a year makes. It's Thanksgiving and I had a really good day. I was thinking about it today actually. Of course, I still feel that hole in my heart with Tyler's absence. Of course, there's a noticeable absence where there's a ton of leftover cranberry sauce and nobody is playing football with me. I realized something today. Thing is, God has been at work before I was even born patching the hole that He knew was going to be there for me one day. 

Is it a perfect fix? No. If it was a perfect fix, that would mean Tyler was here. But I realized today that it's a pretty good repair. It's amazing how much I feel the growth and difference in my life from a year ago. A year ago I was broken, sad, lost. My world had been shattered right in front of me. I had no idea how I was going to face the holidays.

 God works in such mysterious ways. He's been at work putting people in my life. I have life long friends, new friends, and family who love me, hold me, support me, make me laugh, and bring light into my life. Do they bring Tyler back for me? Of course not. But altogether, they make a pretty good patch over my heart.  And for that I'm eternally grateful. I love each and everyone dearly. You know who you are! 

"I truly believe that we can measure how good of a life we have by the amount of love we bring into it."-Tyler 




No comments:

Post a Comment