Tuesday, August 13, 2013

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

So life has been good. Really good. Daily I receive reminders of how grateful I am to have such wonderful people in my life, that I chose the profession I did, and just all around grateful for my life and my story as it unfolds.

But if that's the case, why am I so tired?! I mean, exhausted.

I began to think about this yesterday when I was attempting to do some work from home and my bed was just calling my name. All.day.long. I felt like I could go to sleep at any time. And if you know me, you know I don't nap. I haven't since I announced to my mom when I was about four that I was no longer going to nap. So I when I feel so exhausted that I could nap, I know something is up.

I was talking to my community group about it and I came to the realization that I have been in "go mode". Yes, everything has been going good but everything has also been really busy. I've caught myself recently constantly putting reminders in my calendar so I won't forget even the mundane stuff that wouldn't matter if I forgot. Even when I'm home and "relaxing" my brain is constantly running. Thinking of to-dos, picking out my outfit for tomorrow, checking emails, making sure I didn't forget anything, on and on. And that my friends, is exhausting. Thankfully, I know I have a tendency to swing to anxious side of things and I know how to take care of myself.

It's easy these days to be constantly busy even when we think we are "relaxing" in front of the tv. Put the computer/phone/Ipad down and give your brain a break. Like Ferris Bueller said, "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."









No comments:

Post a Comment